Zwilling J. A. Henckels is a knife manufacturer based in Solingen, Germany. It is one of the largest and oldest manufacturers of kitchen knives, scissors & cookware, having been founded in June of 1731 by Peter Henckels
How many things can you think of that look the same as they did in 1976? Almost everything has a different design, except the FOUR STAR knife series from ZWILLING. Over 32 million FOUR STAR knives have been sold to date. And they haven't changed a thing to this day - because there's nothing to improve.Blades are approximately 55-57 HRC Rockwell for extreme hardness and corrosion-resistance
- Blade Number - 31071-261
- Blades are approximately 55-57 HRC Rockwell for extreme hardness and corrosion-resistance
- V-edge honing with laser-controlled precision ensures the blade is sharpened to a 30° angle, guaranteeing outstanding performance in the most demanding conditions as a result of the initial sharpness of the blade
- Laser measurement during blade production creates an optimal cutting angle. This guarantees long-lasting sharpness retention from the tip to the bolster.
- The handle has a joint-free seamless connection with the blade, which means that dirt particles and bacteria cannot enter.
- The bolster forms the transition from the knife handle to the blade. It prevents fingers from slipping off the handle and also ensures correct weight distribution between the blade and the handle.
- The solid synthetic handles have an ergonomic design and fit extremely well in the hand.
- SIGMAFORGE® - Forging is at the heart of all knife production. During forging, extreme conditions, temperature and force are used to give the knife its shape. SIGMAFORGE knives are precision-forged from a single piece of steel to produce perfect geometry, which is fundamental to achieving a precise edge and optimum cutting performance
- Dishwasher safe but we recommend hand washing
- Made in Germany