It takes more than 100 steps and 42 days to make one knife worthy of the MIYABI brand.
Each knife goes from the hands of skilled artisans to yours—ensuring you get the finest caliber. They craft the knives in Seki, Japan’s samurai-sword making capital for over 700 years. You get the best of both worlds: German engineering and Japanese craftsmanship, for long-lasting durability and scalpel-like sharpness. Making you the master of precision cuts.
- Knife Blade Number 34681-241
- Each knife is handcrafted with over 100 steps involved. Each knife will take 42 days to make!
- The Miyabi 5000FCD Series will delight lovers of the Japanese cuisine with their perfect balance and comfortable handle
- The blade core, constructed from FC61 Fine Carbide steel holds its sharp edge and is incredibly durable, surrounded by 48 layers of Damask steel
- FRIODUR ice hardened to a 61 Rockwell hardness ensures extreme hardness, corrosion resistance and material elasticity of the knives
- Sleek floral damask pattern on blade is a result of the special blade treatment which alters the surface structure of each layer, giving each blade its individual floral damask pattern
- Traditional Japanese Honbazuke v-edge honing gives the 19° symmetrical blade incomparable sharpness
- Ergonomic black Pakka Wood handle is comfortable to hold, balanced with a steel end cap and decorative pin, completing the sophisticated design
- Handwash only
- Made in Japan