Shun kitchen knives are made using state of the art technology and are highly esteemed all over the world – each Shun knife is handcrafted in Japan and requires at least 100 meticulous steps to complete. The Shun Classic line features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to hold. The blade, angled at 16°, is known for extreme sharpness and edge retention. Each knife is clad with 16 layers on either side of a core VG-MAX high carbon stainless steel, while the wood grain pattern on the blade helps reduce friction. The D-shaped PakkaWood handle fits firmly in the hand increasing control and stability. The Shun Classic line also offers you the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task.
A santoku is a Japanese all-purpose kitchen knife. Like a chef’s knife, the santoku is used for just about every cutting job in the kitchen. The name means “three virtues.” Depending on who you ask, the name refers either to the three types of foods it works well with—vegetables, proteins, and fruit—or for the three types of cuts at which it excels—slicing, dicing, and chopping. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade help reduce friction so the blade glides through the food more easily.
- Hand Crafted in Japan
- Features 32 layers (16 each side) of Damascus-clad steel
- Blade is angled at 16° for extreme sharpness and edge retention
- Superior steel with a high carbon content for extra strength
- Wood grain pattern on the blade helps to reduce friction
- Hand wash recommended
- D-Shape handle engineered for increased stability and control
- Perfect for slicing, dicing and chopping
- Hollow indentations on the blade help to reduce friction, gliding through food easily
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely and protected. We do not store any payment details.
Newsletter Sign Up
Subscribe & Get $10 OFF when you spend $50 or more online