The Homestore's Terms & Conditions
Welcome to The Homestore's website terms and conditions.
- All products shown on our website is currently available in NZ.
- Our promise to you is that if for any reason we cannot supply
your order within 5 working days, we will notify you within 48 hours of
the expected delivery date and confirm with you that you still wish to
continue with your purchase. If you do not, we will offer you a full refund
OUT OF STOCK ITEMS
- If you request an out of stock item, an email will be sent to you once it's back in stock.
PRICES & SALE OF GOODS
quoted are inclusive of GST. The price of the goods will be the current price on
the day of order. Prices do not include any delivery fees.
- If an item has been recently reduced or put on sale after recent ordering please contact us.
products are sold at The Homestore's Recommended Retail Price.
- All products are sold brand new with full warranties. We don't sell items that have ever been used.
- Some appliances are taken out of box and put on display in the shop. They have never been used or turned on and are effectively brand new & still covered by their full warranty period from your date of purchase with us.
- The Homestore can cancel orders following price discrepancies that occur due to wrong pricing or any other glitches that could come from unknown errors. We will correct the error immediately and refund you your full amount paid.
- If you are unsatisfied with your order then we will do our utmost best to help you by sorting out the issue as soon as possible. Please contact us immediately.
PAYING BY DPS GATEWAY (ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS)
- All orders completed online before 2:30pm will be confirmed and
shipped the same day. Any completed online transactions after 2:30pm will be shipped the next day.
PAYING BY INTERNET BANKING
- Any transactions made on weekends will not be confirmed until
the next working day due to bank processing times. All orders will be shipped once
confirmation is received.
Delivery times may vary depending on circumstances but we do aim for all deliveries to be next day delivery but please be aware sometimes beyond our control it could take longer depending on location
- Rural deliveries can take up to 3 extra days including standard delivery times
- For North Island expect up to 1-2 Days (Not including weekends and public holidays)
- For South Island expect up to 1-4 Days (Not including weekends and public holidays
- Gift vouchers are treated as cash and therefore are not stock
items. You cannot purchase a gift voucher from us
at a discounted price.
- Gift vouchers cannot be used to purchase any products on our weekly deal promotions
- Method of payment accepted is DPS only (All major credit cards)
- Direct credit & gift vouchers are not accepted as payment options for weekly deal promotions
- No extra discount can be applied to any further on these deals - i.e. 3rd party vouchers, website loyalty points, discount codes, wedding points
- All items are brand new and come with full warranties
- Fast door to door delivery from any of our locations
- Goods sometimes can be damaged during transit. If your goods
arrive damaged please contact us as soon as possible or if not then
within 48 hrs of receiving your order. We will advise you the returns
procedure and provide you with the address of where the item should be
returned. The goods are then inspected and a replacement order is sent
back to you. Replacement items are subject to availability, and if we do
not have that particular item stocked, we will keep you informed as to
when delivery will be made or we will refund you immediately should you
- Damaged items can only be accepted for return and replacement
from 7 days of actual delivery. Goods must be returned in original
packaging and they must be in an unused condition with all components
and information included.
FAULTY ITEMS OR WARRANTY CLAIMS
- Warranty claims are handled by the New Zealand or
Australian supplier of the product. The Homestore doesn't process
warranty claims but we will do our utmost to ensure that any warranty
claims are handled in a satisfactory manner. In the first instance
please contact us and we will advise the best method to process your
- With all faulty or warranty issues you must follow the procedure for sending back to us. This is to protect the consumer where we will send a courier ticket with our courier to pick up and return back to us. This way we are liable for any parcels that could go missing or suffer damage whilst in transit back to The Homestore. Please contact us for further information on how to get a claim started.
- In some instances, there are service agents placed all around the country. in some circumstances the supplier will ask for the item to be returned to a registered service agent for them to assess or repair on their behalf.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original
receipt. Failing that then a proof of purchase is required in the form
of a bank statement with our store name highlighted next to the
- If you are unhappy with a product and feel it is faulty then you must notify us within 30 days of original purchase. We will have the item sent back to us for assessment either by ourselves or our supplier. If no fault is found then we will notify you about the decision and explain to you in further detail. We will then send the item back to you at our cost.
- If you are unsuccessful with a claim for warranty then we will notify you immediately where we will send your product back to you. In all instances we will try to find the best possible outcome for you even if you are unsuccessful.
- If you are not satisfied with you order, please call us immediately on (04) 499 4469 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR RIGHTS WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND
We do not have to give you a refund if:
- You decide you don’t want the goods
- You find the same thing cheaper elsewhere
- You bought something for someone else that they don’t like or already have
- You bought something that doesn’t match what you already have.
If you are unsure about a product then please email us about a right
to exchange. Once agreed by us then please remember all goods
returned to us must be in original packaging with all accessories and in
a re-salable condition. If you do not meet those requirements we will
not refund or exchange your product and we will send your purchase back
to you at your expense. Please visit the Consumer Affairs Here for more information about your rights.
THE HOMESTORE'S COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
THE HOMESTORE'S COMMITMENT TO YOUR SECURITY ONLINE
Your personal information is treated with the greatest of care. Sensitive payment information such as credit card details is not stored on the internet with our system. Once you type your information, it is sent instantly, encrypted, directly to our order processing system. We employ the latest encryption technology in all areas of the site which require you to provide payment information. This is done to protect you from unauthorized use of the information you are sending to our server. This website is registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm our security identity before any transmission is sent
Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of personal information. The Homestore’s website encrypts sensitive information wherever The Homestore requests it.
All our marketing emails contain a link to unsubscribe. You will not receive marketing emails from us again if you choose to unsubscribe. In order to make our emails more relevant and useful to you.
We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable NZ data protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
When you shop on this website, we will ask you to input and will collect personal information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password.
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us and any user information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information and /or user information, we are entitled do so.
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the website.
The technical steps required in creating the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered.
- As your product is shipped we will send you a dispatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCTS
Each product purchased is sold subject to its product description which sets out additional specific conditions related to that product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy.
The Homestore’s gift vouchers and promotional discounts
- The Homestore gift vouchers can be exchanged for goods in all Homestore’s shops, gift vouchers may not be used for buying weekly deals.
- Gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
- If the goods purchased online total less than the value of the gift voucher, any balance left over will not be saved for later. All balances must be used in full.
- Gift vouchers have 1 year expiry from date of purchase. Once expired we are not obliged to redeem the gift voucher. The Homestore will make exceptions to the rule based on each customer’s circumstances.
Coupons, discounts and promotional discount codes offered by The Homestore Online are valid only for use as part of a purchase made via The Homestore Online, unless otherwise stated. Such promotional discounts are not valid for use as part of a purchase in The Homestore shops, or for telephone orders.